Monday, September 3, 2007

Double time

While the issue between Joey de Leon and Willie Revillame heightens, I grew interested on the topic. I search on youtube about the video clips. I saw only the videos of the reactions of both party. While watching it, my phone rang. I picked it up. To my surprise, it was the researcher of Mel and Joey. He informed me that they have a haunted house episode. They wanted me to look at the area and investigation. I said yes. Later, another researcher called me up. She is from SAPULSO (the show where I already appeared twice). They have an episode about the issue between Joey and Willie. They needed an anthropologist to discuss why filipinos are fond of game shows. I replied positively. My shoot for both shows were scheduled on the same day, August 31, 2007 (Friday).

I brought Bert with me to assist me in the investigation. We arrived at GMA7 past 7o'clock in the evening. We did the short interview for SAPULSO in their cubicle. After the interview, Archie (Segment Producer) accompanied us to the canteen. We catched up on things. We talked about things. Then he left for his editing. We ate at the canteen, waited for the crew of Mel and Joey to pick us up.


At around 10o'clock they arrived from another shoot. We proceed to Tondo. It was my first time in the area. Tales about Tondo haunted me. I was more scared of the area than the investigation itself. We were brought into an "eskinita". People were curious to see what we were doing. Bert and I proceeded with the investigation. After we uncovered the story of the hauntings, we explained to the owner about them. Then advised her what to do in the area. We then wrap it up with the mini-house blessing.


I can't count how many haunted places I've been through. Each houses, buildings is a different experience for me. Tondo is different since I am more worried about our "physical" security rather than the investigation. But as the shoot went on, I saw Tondo is also like any other areas that I've been through in Mindanao.

The owner (Ate Annie) welcomed us with warmth. I sensed for the historical background of the house while Bert chanelled the different emotions of the entities in the place. And she was thankful for the enlightenment about the issue. The staff also thanked us for the investigation. And to my surprise, Ate Tess (Segment Producer) worked with ABS-CBN before. She was part of the Teysi ng Tahanan monday edition with Madam Rosa. The show I loved to watched when I was still studying in Isulan. What a small world...





I wanted to thank those who emailed and texted me, for watching Mel and Joey (last Sunday) and SAPULSO (last Monday).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gud am Sir
I just got curious with the candle in the pic. If I'm not mistaken it's a red candle coated with black wax. In Hoodoo tradition this candle is use to change a particular situation into more positive ex. bad luck to good luck and it can be also used to reverse negativity or psychic attack. This candle can be also used to strengthen a relationship between a couple
necromanticsorcerer@hotmail.com