Monday, August 27, 2007

Friendship bracelets



When I was in Grade school, I saw my older brother doing some projects. I was curious. He, then, taught me how to make the Friendship Bracelet. It was not easy. I tried and tried how many times until I felt satisfied with my works. I tend to be a perfectionist at times when it comes to outputs.

As time went on, I continued to tie some more knots. I just gave out all of my projects to friends and new acquintances. It's a great gift. I experimented with colors. Then I got bored with the design... I experimented for the designs. I even visited some "trade fairs" where they sell some of the Friendship Bracelets. I buy one piece as a sample, then study it. I was able to replicate most of them. Then I started selling them. At first only friends came to order from me. Then they tell their friends, I suddenly had many clients asking about them. Sadly, I wasn't able to provide them much outputs. This is because I have a day job then. I was working as a research assistant, which is a combined office and field work. And the project takes about 1 hour to make. I can just make about 1 or 2 in the evening while I watch some television before going to sleep.

Now that I have more free time, I was able to make more of them. And I am very happy when I see that I already made 20 designs all in all. For over 15 years of doing it, I can say that I had mastered the art. But still I am trying my best to make more designs, to help me improve the craft.


These bracelets are handmade. I always see to it that each knot is almost perfect, not to tight, not to loose. It is a great gift for a friend. In some traditions, it is believed that when a friend ties a Friendship Bracelet in your wrist, silently make a wish. When the bracelet wears off on its own, your wish will be granted.

If you want to order some bracelet, you can contact me through 09214885093. You can choose the color combination you want (usually people wanted it to be made in their lucky color). Please allow me at least 1 day in making each bracelet.

In the past, I used to complain about not having something to do... we all do. But sometimes you just have to search within you... then you will see that 24hours is just not enough to attend to things we need to accomplish.

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

Hi, my name is katelyn clark, I would ike one of your braclets. i will pay.:) plaz email me @ katelynclark52@yahoo.com and we can tk more about it;)

Anonymous said...

Olá fascinante este blogue está muito desenvolvido.........bom trabalho :)
Muito Bonito faz mais posts deste modo !!