Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The long lost tradition is finally revived!

Maybe most of us remembered our favorite "komiks". During my time it was the favorite past time. And we should thank also this tradition by giving us our favorite characters in most of our teleseryes and sit coms now. Maybe you are familiar with "Pedro Penduko", "Zsa zsa Zaturna", "Lastikman" and so on. These are examples of characters that came to life from "komiks". I remembered rushing to the nearest store to look for my favorite "komiks". During that time we would rent them for 2pesos or 5pesos. My favorites are "Aliwan", "Happy", "Wakasan", "Hiwaga" and others. All of a sudden, I just realized "komiks" are no longer available. But instead they tried to convert it into a "graphic novel" which is very expensive for people to buy.

A good friend, who worked in the "komiks" industry, invited me to a writer's forum. He said to me that they would revive the tradition. I went with him. There I saw Carlo J. Caparas. He was the one who is initiating this historical event. They had been having the "komiks" caravan for the revival of the tradition. Now, it is finally here, Filipinos will enjoy the entertainment and lessons in a piece of paper that once was the talk of the town. Now that Sterling will be publishing this for an affordable price, I am sure that students will be once again enjoying this literature. (I just hope that parents would be as happy as well.)

On September 14, 2007 (Friday), they will start selling five different "komiks" for everyone to enjoy. They will be selling it for only 10pesos, which is in my opinion is a fair price. So, I hope everyone will get their copy. And let us hope that this tradition will bring us more superheroes that we can truly say "Pinoy".



I also hope that I can contribute to this industry in the future. I guess I really need to practice my literary skills to be able to bring out the best in the different characters I have already in mind. Maybe my psychic skills could be put to good use by contributing to our literary heritage.

No comments: