Thursday, April 1, 2010

Seriousness on April Fools

It is a tradition that nobody takes anybody seriously on April Fools. Here in the Philippines we seldom celebrate it during April 1 but rather celebrate it on December 28, the Innnocent's Day. However, this is a seemingly fading tradition. Only few people view the relevance of continuing such saga. In the age of materialism, wherein money is the main focus of everyone, tradition that is not "worth a peso" is not worth anything at all. Now, here I go... breaking the tradition of April Fools. This is because this blog entry is a serious matter. I am compelled to do this because I need to have a clear name regarding my departure.

Yes, I already resigned from my job. I have given my Letter of Resignation today, April 1, at around 1:00PM. It was already received.

The primary reason for my departure is the memorandum I received last March 31, 2010. Frankly, I am not afraid of any memorandum. It is because I have received some in the past employments that I have. But this memorandum is something different. It degrades me to the lowest possible creature I can think of.

The memorandum stated allegations against me. Those allegations are clearly based on rumors and half-truths. It is one sided since it was just from the point of view of the complainant (if there is any) and the institution. I was not provided with the opportunity to air out my side, since there was never any deliberation that occured.

I know that it is a long process to really clear my name. My dignity is at stake. However, I am resting my fate in the bossom of the Lord. If ever the people around me will continue to think that I am a "Misguided Guidance Counselor", it is their right. But let me tell you this, throughout my life, I have always sacrificed everything for the sake of others. I have given up my own personal needs to satisfy the needs of others. If ever people will not see it, it really doesn't matter. All I know is that I am being watched by the "All Seeing Eye"... HE knows me outside and inside.

So, for the institution that is supposed to be my refuge... my apologies... this bird has to fly.

For my students, my heartfelt apologies. I've grown closer to you but still there are things in life that we cannot control. I am doing this decision not because I don't want to be with you. I am doing this decision because it is the right thing to do. Believe me, it hurts (a lot). But when you grow older, you will soon realize that sometimes even if we don't want to do things, we have to... because we know deep within that it is the right thing to do... Just promise me that you will do great things with your life. Study hard. Pray even harder. You will soon realize that life can be a pain in the ass. But it is still worth it at all. You'll see...

For my co teachers, I am very sorry for the shortcomings that I have caused you. I know that at times I am really very hard to understand, even harder to work with. But I hope you can see it that all I am after is just "excellence in work" and for the sake of our students. If ever I have caused you pain, I am very sorry.For those who who have grown closer to me, I know how painful it is to bear my sudden departure. All I can share is the strength that I am holding on at this moment... I am constantly reminding myself that everything happens for a reason. May that reason be unknown to us during this moment, but in God's time it will be revealed. And we could see that every person, every event, everything is according to what is supposed to be. You don't need to be a psychic to know that. All you have to do is gather a strong faith to believe in HIM, who knows everything.

For the parents, for those who think that I am a "Misguided Guidance Counselor", I am very very sad for your conviction. If I was a Misguided Counselor as you are stating, then your children could have killed themselves or doing drugs at this point. You might just not approve of my methods. But it doesn't mean that it is not relevant... I admit. I am nota big psychology major. In fact, it might be a shock to you that I am a PHILOSOPHY MAJOR. So why the hell am I appointed as a Guidance Counselor? It is because during that time the institution is trusting my wisdom and experience to guide the students. My psychic skills and my 3 units in psychology had provided me with a small insight about the job description. At my end, I have exhausted all the things that I have to guide your children. My challenge is, how about you? Have you done your part? It's a shame that sometimes other people know your children better than you. Maybe it's not the children who needs counselling.

When I applied in the institution, I have all the intention to help. It is because I have known that most of employees of the school had resigned, including all key positions. Since then, I have made it a personalgoal to assist the school in any way I can. This is the reason why I am juggling jobs not suppose to be in my job description.

I have no regrets. I am not complaining about the job... I have learned to love the job. However, there are really times when we know how to turn our back and move away... Having done this does not mean that I am a quitter. Sometimes, when you know that you are not wanted anymore, you have to take actions. It is because the more you force yourself within an organization even if this is happening, you are just fooling yourself... wasting your time... and denying yourself of the opportunities that is yet to come.

It was just painful that my departure is with a heavy heart. It is because of feeling being used, feeling betrayed... And I have learned from experience that when you feel those things, it is really happening... not just another "illusion of the heart."

3 comments:

champ said...

okei lng na sir!!
na intindihan tka!!
tingala gni q s imo sir ngaa didto k nag apply nga bal.an mo mn wala k gd m kuha didto!!pero hndi mo gin icp ang sarili mo,sila p ang gin una mo..gsto mo mag bulig kag ipabalo sa ila ang n tutunan mo s buhay,nga asta subong hndi wala nila n iintindiahan sng mga tao nga naga palibot s imo!!

take care sir!!
=)

champ said...

okie lang na sir!!
na intindihan tka!!

tingala gni q s imo nga did2 k nag apply!!
sir,bal.an mo nga wla k may m kuha sa ila.pero wala mo gd gin intindi sarili mo,sila gypun gin intindi mo nga may m tutunan sila sa imo,,

champ said...

take care sir!!
tani mag kita p ta!!

jejeje
good luck s new carer!!
=)