Sunday, April 25, 2010

Free as a bird

I can never forget the wisdom that was shared to me by a client when I did a Tarot Card reading for him. I was doing the reading and explaining to him about the good and bad meaning of the cards. He told me, “All the things in this world are but good and bad. The important thing is on how we see them.”

Every situation that happens to us has a dual meaning. It has some good and bad effect on us. They say that an optimist sees the world as beautiful and radiant. A pessimist sees the world as dark and cloudy. It is up to us to choose how we view our lives. However, let us not fall into the trap wherein we will be tied into one type of perspective. It is because at some point an optimist can become a fool when he doesn’t notice that he is just being used by the people around him for their own end.

There were a lot of messages sent to me by people I care about, people from my previous job. They could not believe about my decision. They can’t believe that it is all happening so fast. I couldn’t either. Earlier, I was informed that one of my co teachers took pity on my situation. I just smiled. I was telling them that I am relieved that I am not part of the institution. It feels a whole lot better than a cold bottle of Mountain Dew. Of course, I am very sad to leave people I’ve grown to love for almost 2 years. However, I need to make this decision because it is in my conviction that it is the right thing to do. Even if it is painful, we should do things according to what is right.

I told them that “everything happens for a reason.” Frankly, I don’t know what that reason is for all of this. All I know is that GOD will reveal it to me in the right time, in the right moment. Now, I only have my faith on his GUIDING HAND... faith that someday, somehow I could find the bliss, the place where I can truly belong.

For now, I am enjoying my freedom. My celebration of the Lenten Season is very solemn and prayerful. I was alone with myself, able to discern things on my own. Next week would be very busy week for me. I will be doing the job hunting (which I am very much excited). I am thrilled to know what is in store for me. People around me might think that I should be worried. It is because it is very hard to look for a job. But the truth is I am not worried. Besides I am not in a hurry to start for a new job. I am taking my time to enjoy the journey. I am taking my time, enjoying each step, spending time with my family.

It is a great feeling to be able to spread my wings... to fly... to truly become “free as a bird.”

No comments: