Friday, July 27, 2007

Solitary Confinement

From July 20 to July 25, I was indoors. Food were just served so as I won't have to get up and go out. Only few hours of sleep. A lot of hours in front of the computer. My arms hurt. My headache is unbearable. I thought it was just for a few days. But come July 27, my agony is prolonged. I will be doing the same process but now, up to 10 more days... until August 6. Would I be able to get through with this?


I saw the ad in the internet about a need for a transcriptionist and Ilonggo translator. I grabbed the opportunity and applied for it. At first, I had not very hopeful that they would consider my application (as with the many applications I sent through the net.) But I was very glad when they contacted me. I went through a "test". I passed. I made some transcriptions for them.

I am very glad that ARKEOFILMS had given me this chance to experience transcribing and translating for them. (But sadly, I couldn't reveal what's the film is about since it is, as they say, strictly confidential.) I finished transcribing 17 hours of interviews and clips. Whew. It was rather very tiring, but interesting. It's like looking forward how the story unfolded as I transcribed the stories of the interviewees.

This is a very different experience for me. Where would it lead me? I don't know. I just know that it was given to me for a certain reason. I just don't know what it is yet...

No comments: