Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Through the storm

After Nginiiig closed in Studio 23, I was really affected. I felt as if everything that I've worked for just went down the drain. I tried hard not to give up. Yes, I admit. There are several times that I wanted to go back to Mindanao. Life there would be easy for me, since it is a familiar territory. But, here, I need to adjust to almost everything. But people around me kept giving me hope. They never wanted me to give up. It gave a lot of strength to continue.

I tried applying to different agencies for a job. I got series of job interviews. But later realized they are looking for somebody else. I did what I have to do. I have all the reason to hope for since I am qualified in positions I am applying... But series of "bad luck" seem to be on my way. I don't want to blame it to anybody else. And I definitely don't want to blame it on "Somebody up there". I just think that it wasn't the right one for me. I was choosy. This is because I wanted to do what is meant for me to do. And I am still thinking that things might get better for me.

I am grateful that my friends in ABS-CBN didn't forget me. They referred me to the different shows that they were in. So, I was interviewed in different shows. I was featured in Us Girls (Studio 23), Shop Talk (ANC), Rated K (ABS-CBN), SAPULSO (Qtv), 100% Pinoy (GMA).

I also auditioned for different films. To tell you, I don't know what disaapointment and frustration feels like anymore. I felt rejected over and over again. I was lucky, I was selected to act in "Retaso" ( a short film by UST students) and also extra in Bitoy's Funniest Videos. Until now, I am still trying my luck to pursue on films (since one of my greatest dream is to see myself reviving another character in a movie). I think my greatest attempt was to audition for Pinoy Big Brother Season 2. I was selected during the first round audition. But was rejected during the second round since I don't know how to dance.

To sum it all, it was really a storm. Various things were thrown at me. Much of my resources were exhausted along the way. Several times I wanted to give up. Few moments I cried alone when I reminisce what I'm going through. All of the time, I never really gave up. I am still hopeful that someday "makikita ko rin ang Ngiti ni Bathala" in my life.

No comments: