Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Nginiig days

I have regrets that I only got hold of computers only this year. All of the things that happened in my journey is only written in my journal. I wish to share it with everyone but since it is lengthy, I will just post some important elements on it...

Way back in Mindanao, I was a researcher. I study culture. Yes, culture... I usually go up in the mountains where our Indigenous People dwell. I live with them for days. Then, write about them. Some of my papers where shared mostly to the people in the academe. Some were also published in the local newspaper where I am also a correspondent. Life there was easy. It was stressful since it is a combined office works and field work, but it was rewarding (although the compensation is not that "rewarding").

But late 2005, a friend from Manila texted me about the audition for a tv show in Studio 23. It was a huge opportunity for me. Then, I decided to take on this route. I wrapped up everything. But I never got the guts to tell it to my boss. (Only the secretary knows of my plan.) When December 2005 came, my sister came home from Manila. I told her about my plans. She agreed to "adopt" me in Manila.

January 2006, I just filed a one-week vacation leave. I went with my sister to Manila. (I only got 20pesos in my wallet during that time.)

When I arrived in Manila, I contacted my friend. Then he hooked me up to be interviewed by Ms. Pier Pastor about coffee cup reading. (Somehow, I don't know what happened to that taped interview. I wasn't able to watch it in TV Patrol.)

I auditioned for the tv show, Nginiig Paranormal Investigation in Studio 23. The audition went well. There were at least 25 psychics who auditioned for that show. After the audition, I waited and waited. Finally, my one-week vacation was over. The office is constantly calling me because I have so much to do. Then, I decided to go back to Mindanao.

When I arrived at the General Santos City, I called my secretary to tell everyone that I won't be working today. This is because I am tired and a bit frustrated. So I just reported the next day.

The next day, I reported to the office. As usual, a huge pile of papers awaits me in my table. Early afternoon, I received a text message from the staff of the tv show that I made it to the 11 psychics to be interviewed by the Executive Producer. And my interview will be tomorrow at 3o'clock in the afternoon. I shouted... then got worried. How the heck am I going to be in the interview tomorrow in Quezon City when I am in Mindanao.

My secretary supported me. She had booked me for a 10AM flight for the following day.

When I arrived at the airport, I was shocked to check my ticket. It's not the airline that I used to take. Airport officials told me that instead of a one hour flight, my flight would be three hours because it will stop over to Cebu... I was growing worried. Finally, I got another ticket, chance passenger for the airline that I used to ride. Luckily, I was able to get the flight. I arrived around 1Pm in Manila.

The interview with the Executive Producer went well. I was not on time, but still I was the 4th one to arrive. After the interview, I waited again for the result...


The result... only 9 of us were selected by the Executive Producer for the elimination rounds. We were put on a series of tests, including the investigation on a haunted hospital, haunted house, finding missing persons, etc. After all the text votings and testings... I was selected as one of the three Junior Psychic of the Nginiig Paranormal Investigation... (You can check out my Nginiig Profile in www.studio23.tv/npi-rene.aspx)

But the show ended September 2006 when the primary sponsor of the show didn't renew its sponsorship... I was left devastated.

I had learned so much about this phase in my life. Yes, I had some difficulties. I left everything for an option where I am not sure of... but that's the beauty of life. We all must take a risk. Through this we are able to grow as a ... magickal being.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kuya, can I ask you something? How can I open my sixth sense? I really want to experience the things you and your kind experience everyday.

By the way, Im John Pierre Eyas,20 yrs old. Pls, help me.