Thursday, November 10, 2011

No Looking Back!!!

November 10, 2011/ Thursday. I asked permission from the school if I could have the time off. I need to get the rest of my things from the monastery.

I went to St. Benedict's monastery in Digos to get my things. I was with my parents and my nephew. On our way, we were stuck in Bansalan because of road construction. We spent about one hour there. Then we had our lunch in Bansalan. We went straight to the monastery.

We arrived there at 2:00PM. Bro. Cyril, the porter, greeted me. I did not bother anybody anymore. I just asked Bro. Cyril to get my books from Bro. Nathaniel. Nobody from the community went out to see me. Even Bro. Cyril was cold in talking to me. His words and actions seem to be programmed. I did not spent much time. I just got my things and went on my way.

Honestly, I am happy doing this. This is the last time that I am forced to go to this place. After this, I am not obliged to be back to the place anymore. Deep within, I am not intending to go back. I wanted to forget this nightmare. Looking back at my experience in the monastery, all I can remember are all the hurt I've endured. Now I realized that for the time of my stay in the monastery, the community never liked me. They never let me felt I belong (except for the time when they are forced to). Now that it was over, I can breathe easily. All I have to do is to enjoy my life outside.

For those individual who have been close to me during my stay, I will cherish their friendship. Who knows, someday our paths will cross again. For those who had made my life a living hell, I hope I will never see them again.

No comments: