Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Door Opens

Somehow God doesn’t want me to grieve alone a little longer. Two days after my departure from the monastery, I visited the school where I worked for before. I went there because I wanted to see how everybody is doing. I miss my old job.

I thought there will be students there. But it seems that it is still there Semestral break. I went straight to the owner. (He is living in the school.)

The owner was happy to see me. Then I told him I was out for good. It happened that he is looking for a teacher for the school. He offered me a job.

This is the Second time that we are in this position. The first time was when I was discerning for my monastic calling. I just visited him then. I am not looking for a job. It was just a friendly visit. Then he needed somebody to help out in the school. I opted not the work for awhile because I wanted to focus myself on reflecting and discerning for my vocation. I accepted his offer. I accepted the job to work again the school, on the condition that I will just be working until March 2011.

Now, here we are again. He wanted me to think about it. I am not totally sure about the extent of the job he is offering but I am familiar with all the jobs in the institution. Somehow I know that any job he would offer me would be a breeze.

Since I have no commitments for a moment, I am considering his offer. It is because it can help me be occupied for awhile. Plus, an income would be nice. It can help us in our expenses at home.

He wanted my decision by Monday (November 7, 2011). He told me that if in any way we can’t contact each other on that date, if I report on Tuesday, he will know that I took his offer.

3 comments:

Gilberto G Reyes said...

I hope you reported to work...

Gilberto G Reyes said...

so.. have you reported to work?

Mysticlake said...

Yap. I already reported. I started last Nov. 8 (Since Nov. 7/ Monday) is a holiday).

Everybody is shocked and happy to see me again.