Thursday, January 5, 2012

Lights out

I went to the hospital at around 6:00 PM. It was of course, already dark. When my sister and I got to the hospital, the lights are all out. It was blacked out.

We waited for awhile for the power to return. But after awhile my sister decided to have my blood extracted. We will just leave it in the laboratory. She said that she will just call for to follow up the result.

While walking down the hallway from the laboratory, I noticed that the building next to the hospital is so bright. It was well lighted. I asked my sister why they have lights over there while the hospital is a bit dark. She told me that they have generator.

The irony of it is, there is no more offices open during that time of night. All the employees had gone home. And yet, they managed to light it up because of the beautiful lights adorned in the building. On the other hand, the hospital, which needs electricity because of the patients, laboratories and emergencies couldn't be provided with lights. Is that reasonable enough?

I am not suppose to write something like this in my blog. However, I couldn't just keep quite about it. If for some reason, concerned people are going to read about this, I hope they can find some means to fix this situation. It is because, we must re think our priorities in our society.

No comments: