Sunday, January 24, 2010

Momay Case: Two months after the massacre (Part 2)


There was a slight delay. There was no proper coordination with the delegations and the family of the victims. The delegations went to the site first. The family was left in the highway. It is because the road is too narrow. It would be difficult to bring all of the vehicles there at once. After awhile, the family decided to push through even if it means walking for about a kilometer just to get to the site. We went on. The site is roughly 3 kilometers from the highway.



During our travel to the site, I kept scanning my drawing. These drawing were the visions I saw since December (please refer to my previous post). I saw my visions came into reality when I saw the house with the woman and a man in front, the rough road, cogon grass and banana plants with the house in the background, the cow with a small tree in the background. I saw everything as if I am living my visions. That was the moment when I realized that this is it. This is the place I’ve been looking for.



We arrived at the massacre site. There was a short program headed by different organizations. Then candles were lighted and flowers were offered. I went to chat with the CHR. A staff showed me pictures of a digging they did in a different site. They wanted me to visualize something. This is because they didn’t find any corpse in the dig. It was like the first dig we had. It was just the stench of rotting corpse but no corpse at all. I told them to look further, there lies a man with big stomach and balding hair. The staff told me that it matched the description of the driver who was hired to dig the mass graves in this area.



I then scouted the area. I just pass through the mass graves. I head straight to the grassy area after the graves. There I saw the vision of a man running but was a shot. Then they told me that there were two people who were found there. Then I went back to the hole where the vehicles were dug. There, my client was sitting in the hole, sobbing. I went to comfort here. This is the moment that I know she found her father. I gave her some incense stick. I told her to light some incense for her father. She tried but she was trembling. Then she cried her heart out, letting go of the emotions she was trying to hide. She cried for about 2 minutes. I fell silent just by her side. When I saw the hole, I saw the last vision I had. It was the area where I saw a corpse laying face flat to the ground. There, I told her, “This is the spot. This is where your father is located.” She said, “Pa, ang lapad naman ng libingan mo.” (Father, your grave is so wide.) I comforted here until the emotions subsided.



I almost lost my own consciousness in the area. This is because of the explosion of emotions. The emotions of the past were quite unbearable. Added to these are the emotions of the person present in the area during this moment. I just sat at a stone. I was trying to ground myself. I was healing myself from all the negativities of the atmosphere.


-------------------------------------------
For those who watched the three-hour retrieval operation footage, I know that you can have a glimpse of what had happened during that day. But for me, I was there. I saw everything in the vision. The series of visions I had from December was quite unbearable. I saw how the victims were killed. I heard their cries. Their anguish resounded in the walls of my room. What makes it worst is when I took a peek at the emotions of the people they left behind. The aches and pains are immeasurable. However, I still am very much astonished to see their strength amidst it all.
I am praying that justice will be served quickly. I am praying for the family of those victims. I hope that this storm would pass... and this event will eventually end the senseless killings in the Promise Land.


No comments: