Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Rise of the "Engkanto"

There were people who kept on asking me, "Why Rene Engkanto?" Did I go back to my magical workings?

The answer is NO.

This question came up because I changed my name in facebook from Rene Espinosa to Rene Engkanto. This is because when I search for the name Rene Espinosa, there were many people who are using the name. So I decided, I would change it to Rene Engkanto...

The name itself is not a magical name. It is more of an alias. I am fond of using the term "Engkanto" to associate myself with the spirits of nature.

I am a nature lover. Although, I am fond of having plants, I am most fond of animals. They are my constant companions. (In fact, TIGGER is looking at me so intently last night. "Ano kayang iniisip niya?")

It doesn't mean that I am using the name Rene Engkanto, "bumalik na naman ako sa pangkukulam..." How can I do so if all of my tools were either burned or given to other people?" I already made a choice in my life. And I have to stand by that choice...

Many people may not believe me... but when was the time that I listened to what other people believed? All that matters is "I believe in myself."

No comments: